This blog site is designed to assist and encourage clients using Body Breakthru's Weight Loss & Nutrition Coaching services. We are committed to helping you set and achieve your health and nutrition goals!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A New Journey....

New journey's present new challenges, new revelation and an opportunity for growth.  God is always GROWING us to the next level and the next mission, to make us more like Him.  I accept my new journey.  Weight loss and weight maintenance has been my journey since 2005 until now.  Everything I have learned, I have shared in order to see others accomplish their dream and goals of losing weight-AND KEEPING IT OFF!

My new journey is a wellness journey....and I share it here because God has put me on the earth for it to share with everyone He places on my path.  It's a journey towards health and wellness:  mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and physically.  All are required for ANY wellness, weight loss or health journey.

The physical part of this journey has presented two challenges I've had in recent months:
(1) Optic Neuritis:  An inflammation of the optic nerves resulting in temporary blindness in my left eye (This lasted for several weeks 6 months ago)  My sight returned after a 2 week round of intravenous and oral steroids.
(2) Parasthesia:  A sensation of tickling, tingling, burning, pricking, or numbness in my right leg. It feels as though my leg has "fallen asleep" and will not wake up. (This has lasted for 4 weeks so far).  Not only has it affected how I walk, but I cannot drive because my leg is weak. My doctor reassures me that my leg will return to normal without medication although they aren't sure how long this symptom will last.  I am grateful.

The doctor's have given me a probable diagnosis of MS (Multiple Sclerosis) although my brain MRI does NOT meet the criteria.  Could be Devic's Disease.  The Dr's are still trying to figure it out, but God knows!  I honestly believe God is using this whole experience to get my attention.  I can't fully fulfill his plans for me if I'm not healthy and some things you just have to go through before you can help someone else.  I know my life is NOT about me, so I inquire of the LORD....who am I to help?  What is the purpose of this?  I am ready and willing to be used for His glory.

Next, a question...

How often do we really pay attention to what we are putting into our bodies?  God has marvelously designed our bodies to work like machines.  Our bodies have the ability to cleanse, heal and regulate themselves AUTOMATICALLY.  We abuse our bodies and frustrate this process by the choices we make everyday through gluttony in high calorie-nutrient insufficient foods, smoking cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, etc.  We get caught in this cycle: we get sick, we want a "quick fix" to get us back to "normal life" simply forgetting that we are where we are because the choices we have made have added up.  After getting medication from the Dr. to mask the symptoms, we go back onto the regular course until the next time we get sick and need more medicine abusing the thing God has designed to help only "AS NEEDED".  We are sicker than ever living on medications that make us sick-instead of living on what will make us well.

I have considered myself to be a "healthy person" making wiser choices about what I eat (EX:  choosing Chipotle over McDonalds), but as I consider this NEW JOURNEY I realize that I haven't been as "healthy" as I thought I was.  As the weeks go on I will uncover what I mean by this.  For now, I want you to check out an important movie.  It has changed my perspective about the world we live in, how we are designed to function and how our choices determine how we LIVE every day.

You will need just about an hour and a half to view the movie,  While you watch consider:  Is your journey JUST about losing weight?  How important is the quality of your life and what are you willing to sacrifice in order to improve your health and longevity?  This is a question I've had to ask myself as I walk along this new, exciting, challenging but life changing journey with God.
Click Here to View:
If you have already seen the movie:  
what are you actively DOING about improving your health?

Please join us for weight loss prayer call via 
phone conference tomorrow morning @ 7 AM CST
1-712-451-6000 Press 320434# to join the conference.

 


No comments: