This blog site is designed to assist and encourage clients using Body Breakthru's Weight Loss & Nutrition Coaching services. We are committed to helping you set and achieve your health and nutrition goals!

Monday, February 14, 2011

2011 Is The Year of No More Excuses!

An excuse is defined by Webster as: "something offered as justification or as grounds for being excused."  The key word in this definition is justificationExcuses are reasons we use to justify or defend WHY we don't do something we have committed to or originally set out to do.  In order to lose weight and accomplish our health and wellness goals, we must all commit to the personal theme of:  "No More Excuses!"

Here are some examples of excuses we use that delay the process of losing weight, getting healthy and getting results:
  • I just don't have the time to workout!
  • I'm just so tired all the time, and I don't have any energy!
  • I don't really know how to cook healthy foods.
  • It's easier to drive-thru.
  • I'm not a morning person.
  • I'm just too stressed out.
  • I'm constantly around food.
  • I'm tired and I don't feel like it.
  • I don't have the money.
  • I'm bored.
  • I have bad knees.
  • I'm trying.
The next time you find a reason not to follow through on your plan, I want you to point to yourself and say: I am just making an EXCUSE!  The next time you make excuses: not to workout, not to have your smoothie for breakfast, to just drive-thru and select a high calorie meal, not to make your goals a priority-I challenge you to JUST DO IT!  Don't put it off, don't make an excuse...JUST DO IT!

Realistically speaking...there are times when life will get in the way and we can't follow-thru with our plans.  However, if you are making more excuses than taking action then nothing will change.  You won't lose weight, you won't get healthy, and the results you have right now will stay the same, and in some cases it will only get worse.  "In order for things to change, YOU have to change"-Jim Rohn.  If you really want to lose weight and get healthy-you must master how to stop making excuses why you CAN'T lose weight and start changing your thinking to why you CAN.  

Next Week..."How To Change Your Thinking"

No comments: